Friday, June 20, 2014

Eye Candy Friday

You know, I've had a moratorium on buying yarn this year.  I said I wasn't going to buy any for the whole year.  And I haven't.  Not a single skein, hank or ball.  So, where did this yarn come from? 


Well, I was over at Beverly's house and she had it on her table.  "Oooh, I like that!"  I exclaimed.  "Then you can have it," she said.  So that's where it came from.  It will make some nice, bright kids hats for charity.  So, I still haven't bought any yarn this year.

I did, however, buy this cute little hat, which I am going to totally deconstruct and figure out how to knit it myself. 


It shouldn't be too hard.  I wonder if I can figure out a matching scarf pattern, too. Guess what everyone will be getting for Christmas -- in about 5 years?

A couple of weeks ago, I had some bananas that were on the verge of going bad.  I looked online and found a really easy, really delicious banana muffin recipe.  I so wanted to make it again, so I bought another muffin pan.


The one I had only made 12 mini muffins.  This one makes 24.  Between the 2, I should cut my baking time by 2/3.  Right?  Yeah, I think that's right. 

Math never was my strong suit. 

No comments: