Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgivukkah!!

And just what the heck, you may ask, is Thanksgivukkah? Well, I'll tell you...

Thanksgivukkah is what happens when Thanksgiving falls on one of the eight days of Hanukkah.  This year, that is happening.  Hanukkah started at sundown today, and tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  This only happens once in some 70,000 years, and I'm glad to be here to see it.

So, I'd like to wish all my Jewish friends an Happy Hanukkah.
And I'd like to wish all my American friends a Happy Thanksgiving.
And I'd like to wish all my American Jewish friends a very Happy Thanksgivukkah.

Now, onward...

Remember a few days ago, when I had those two skeins of yarn, and I was trying to decide which one to cast on for my brother in law Nathan?  Well, I couldn't decide, so I did what any rational person would do.

I cast on both.



I finished the first hat today.  It kind of pooled in a weird way.



The last hat I knit out of this yarn striped nicely.  This one...well...didn't.


I kind of like it, but I'm wondering if it looks manly enough for Nathan. 



I've cast on a pair of fingerless mitts with the remaining yarn.  They shouldn't take long to finish. 

Finally, on this Thanksgiving eve, I leave you with an artsy-fartsy photo of a pumpkin pie.



And if I don't get around to posting tomorrow, I'd like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

ColoradoCowGirl said...

Hi! I found you while I was reading all Patrice's links :)
I just wanted to say I love the hat! The way the colors showed up in blocks in really neat

Becky G said...

Thanks!