Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday, For Want Of A Better Title



Yep, this is going to be another of those rambling, nonsensical posts, since I don't have anything deep and meaningful to talk about.

We didn't have to work today, but we did have to go in for a day of training.   We had one hour of safety training on the new hazardous materials labels that are being mandated for 2015.  Then we had an hour of our usual quarterly communications meeting, then our annual Code of Conduct training.  It's the same thing we go through every year.  I mean, the exact same class.  I've pretty much got it memorized by now.

We were out of there by 10:00.

After that, I went and got all my Thanksgiving shopping done.  Except that I forgot to buy a pie pumpkin.  So, I may go back tomorrow and get one.  Or I may not.  I may just stick with the canned pumpkin.  Depends on how lazy I am.

I took Rylea in for her annual shots and stuff.  Silly me, I'm thinking the vets take lunch between 12 and 1.  Nope...I showed up at 1:30 and they were all still on lunch break.  So, I just dropped her off and came home for a while.  Then I went by the store and got my Thanksgiving turkey before picking her up. 


This year, the plant offered us a choice between a turkey and a ham.  Only, instead of giving us the actual meat, they gave us a gift certificate, and we have to go pick it up ourselves.  Naturally, I chose the turkey. That meant I had to go into Spain's for the first-- and hopefully last-- time in my life.  It was small, cluttered, and crowded, and I hope I never have to go back.  But I got my turkey, and it's safely tucked away in my deep freeze.

The good thing is, they didn't give us the same turkeydactyl that they've given us the last few years.  I got a 12 pound bird this time.  I've still got soup and meat in the deep freeze from year before last.  I wouldn't know what to do with another 20 pound turkey. 




Well, this is what I get to look forward to this week.  It ought to be a good week for cooking. 

No comments: