Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Wacky Wednesday

I got up this morning, and got all ready for work.  I got dressed, packed my lunch, and ate my breakfast.

As I was brushing my teeth, I looked into the mirror and realized I hadn't put on mascara.  So, I put on mascara, and walked right out of the house without putting on my lipstick.

I was halfway to work when I realized I didn't have lipstick on, and for a moment, I seriously considered going back home and getting it.  I decided I wouldn't, because there's nobody at work I care about impressing anyway.

I crossed the railroad tracks, with their perpetually blinking crossing lights, and rounded a curve when I saw

a coyote in a cotton field.



I knew right then what kind of day it was going to be. 

By 8:00 AM, I was ready to skip straight to the end and go right to tomorrow.

The work was hard.  The parts weren't right.  It was hot.  Then it started raining.

I got into an argument with Group Leader Fernando.  Right in the middle of our argument, he started to walk away.

"Come back here!"  I called after him.

"See, that's what I'm saying," he said.  "If someone walked by and heard that, they'd think we were arguing."

"We are arguing," I replied. 

"No, we're not," he argued...

That's when I gave up on the day for good. 

Is it tomorrow yet?

No comments: