Thursday, November 21, 2013

Not Quite The Homestretch

I know blogging has been sparse this week, but you should probably thank me for that.  There just hasn't been that much to blog about. 

Unless you want to hear how I've suddenly become Hannah Homemaker lately.  I'm not sure what is going on, but I've been getting the urge to make stuff from scratch.  I think my hormones are out of balance or something.  I'm feeling really feminine.

Let's see, I made homemade potato soup.  I didn't even use a recipe.  I just kind of made it up.  It was pretty good.  Here is the recipe:

Peel and cut up some potatoes
Boil them in chicken broth
Melt some butter and saute some chopped up onion in it
Add to potatoes.
Whisk some flour into some milk and stir into potatoes
Add chopped ham or crumbled up bacon
Heat and eat

Yep.  That's how I cook. 

Then last night I made hot chocolate from scratch.  I made it in the microwave, but next time I'm going to make it on the stove.  The milk will get hotter and I think the chocolate will dissolve better. 

Now, the crazy thing...I'm going to buy a pie pumpkin and make my pumpkin pie from scratch.  I guess it's a good thing I get all domesticky the week before Thanksgiving.

Anyway...

I've decided to knit a hat and fingerless mitts for my brother in law Nathan.  The only question is which yarn?


I'm leaning towards the blue/brown.  I'm sure he has hats, but you can't have too many because Alaska, you know. 

Speaking of, I found something really cute for Yoke Wan, but I'm not going to post it until after Christmas, on the off chance that she might just this once read this blog. 

Now, I'm going to go have some fun checking my recipes and adding to my grocery list so I can cook my Thanksgiving stuff. 

Darn hormones...

No comments: