Sunday, November 17, 2013

Final Update And Other Stuff

Before we go any further, let me bring you what will be the final update in my little pedicure experiment. 


Two weeks have passed, and as you can see, there is virtually no difference in the toes I treated with vinegar and the ones I didn't.  So we will officially call this myth busted, and I won't be bringing you any more photos of my feet.

I'm sure you'll all be glad of that. 

Now, on to a more interesting subject.  Knitting.

Last week, Beverly gave me this yarn. 


She had picked it up in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby, then decided she just didn't like it.  So, being the other yarn aficionado in the family, she passed it on to me.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it wanted to be a scarf. 

But first, I needed to finish this hat I'd already started.


Basic hat pattern, mystery yarn.  I think it might be some old Knit Picks stuff I had laying around, but I don't really know.  I'd wound it up so long ago that I don't even remember doing it, and have no idea what happened to the ball band.  So, there it is.  Some soldier's head will appreciate it, I'm sure.

Sometime Monday, I cast on the scarf.  At first, I'd thought about doing a linen stitch, but when I wound the yarn, I discovered several breaks in it.  I decided that they would be easier to hide in a different stitch. 

So, I cast on the ubiquitous One Row Scarf from the Yarn Harlot website.


I'm liking the way it is knitting up, but I'm also beginning to understand why it was in the clearance bin.  This is as far as I've gotten and I've already had five, yes five, breaks in the yarn.  It's a good thing I've become quite adept at spit splicing, which doesn't actually involve real spit.  Not when I do it, it doesn't. 

Blech...

I'm sure you will all be relieved to know that I have finally cast on my second Jaywalker sock. 



After having finished the first one way back in June

Ummmm, I'm pleading the Fifth. 

The important thing is, it's been cast on and you can all breathe a bit easier now.

Yeah. 

No comments: