Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No Chats On The Farmhouse Porch Today

When it rains, it pours or so they say.

My car has been acting sluggish in the mornings.  After work, I went next door and asked James if he had an adjustable wrench I could borrow, because I thought maybe the cold/hot alternations had caused my battery cable to work loose again.

Nope.

The battery was dead.  Or as we say in the South, deadern' a hammer.  I asked James for a ride into town so I could get a new battery, and he said sure.  We got to Wal-mart, picked out a battery and went to pay for it.

"I'm paying for the battery," he said.

"You're not paying for my battery," I said.

"Merry Christmas," he said.

So I got a new car battery for Christmas...Thank you.

I came home, took a quick shower, then headed on over to Patrice's blog to get the chat questions only to discover that her laptop has died.  

She has the same problem as my old one, the motherboard is shot.  When that goes, you might as well just buy a new one.  So, in lieu of a porch chat, I bring you a Music Tuesday. 

That's like a Music Monday except on Tuesday. 

And instead of posting a video, I'm going to direct you to this fascinating article with the video imbedded:

Leonardo Di Vinci's Piano

Now, if you will excuse me, I have a Walking Dead to catch up on.

 

No comments: