Monday, August 05, 2013

Tired

Yes, I'm very tired today, so this might be one of those posts I come back to later and ask myself what I was smoking when I wrote it.

I stayed up last night to watch the Hall of Fame Game-- to the end.  The Cowboys won, but don't get excited.  It's just an exhibition game.  Too many people try to make too much of preseason games.  Just because a team wins their first preseason game doesn't put them directly into the Super Bowl.

Most of the starters didn't even play.  I know some fans are lobbying to eliminate pre season games, because they aren't very exciting, but I disagree.  I feel they are necessary.  No, it may not be exciting watching 2nd and 3rd string players, but the games are still important.  These games are a chance for the players to show the coaches that they deserve to be on the team, and for the coaches to evaluate players based on the team's needs.  Eliminate that, and there's a whole lot more guesswork involved in building a team.

Oh, I should probably mention that the Cowboys didn't resign either Felix Jones or Mike Jenkins.  I think it's too bad the way things played out.  They were both first round draft choices, and showed such promise.  Then things happened and for whatever reason, they never lived up to their potential.  Felix got hurt his rookie year, and was never the same after that.  He seemed very timid-- almost afraid to run. 

Jenkins did the same thing.   He didn't get hurt, so I'm not sure what got inside his head, but he was just never the same after he backed off of tackling Brandon Jacobs in that one game.  He never got his unction back. 

So, the game kept me up late, and for some reason I decided not to take my sleeping pill last night.  I figured I'd be tired enough that I didn't need it.  I was still awake at midnight, and began to regret my decision.  By then, it was too late to take it.  If I had, I wouldn't have been able to get up this morning.  Then, my beloved cat, whom I love sooo much, decided she needed her breakfast at 4:00 this morning.  So, yeah, I'm a wee bit knackered today. 

I did manage to finish a hat, either yesterday or Saturday, I don't remember which.


No matter, it's done, and I cast on another one.  It's time to start cranking out those soldier hats!  Christmas will be here before you know it.

The yarn is Paton's Classic Wool in the colorway Lotus.  No pattern, just basic hat construction. 

Finally, this is so wrong, but it made me laugh so hard.


Now, I think I'll go lie down before I fall down. 

Goodnight.

No comments: