Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

What with today being Veteran's Day and all, everyone has been posting photos of themselves in uniform on Facebook.  Being the camera averse person that I am, I don't have all that many photos of myself in uniform.  Most of the ones I did have got ruined in a hurricane many many summers ago, back in 95 or 96, or thereabouts.

If you listen to the news, you'd think that hurricanes didn't exist before Katrina, but they did. 

Anyway, after diligently searching through all my photo albums, I managed to find these few remaining photos of me, yes me, in my Navy uniform.

This one was taken at Disneyworld.  That's me on the left.  The girl, not the guy. 


The guy on the far right was named Tony, and the girl next to him was named Michelle Popp.  I don't remember the other two at all. This photo also illustrates the frustration I felt when asking people to take pictures of me and my friends.  For some reason, they always seemed to think they needed to back up and take the picture from half a mile away.  I've included the original, uncropped photo for comparison.


Here is another one of us.  That is Tony, back row on the left.  He followed me around all day that day.  I found out later he was a mite sweet on me.


I don't know who the other two guys are.  But that is Michelle and me, and the one kneeling was named Jamie.  I don't remember her last name.  Again, this photo has been cropped down quite a bit, and again, I'm including the original for perspective.


I guess people thought cameras were telescopes.

Here is one of Michelle and me with some Disney characters.  I don't know who they are.  I'm sure someone out there can tell me.


I think it might be Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear, but I'm not sure.

Those were from basic training.  These that follow were taken the day I graduated from Electronics Technician A school.


That's me, getting my diploma, or certificate, or whatever you want to call it.  This is a photo of my class.


This was my company commander.  She had a very long, rather complicated name that I keep trying to read off of her name tag, but I can't quite get it. 



She called me her number one problem child.  I don't know why.

I was good. 

Really, I was. 

Really. 

No comments: