Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lots To Catch Up On

So, let's just jump right in there, shall we?

Today was the day for my annual physical, which usually gets done every 2 years, so I took the day off.  I always try to get the earliest available appointment, because they rather you fast for your bloodwork.  I know some people at work who will get 4 PM appointments, then go all day without eating or drinking anything-- at work.

Sorry, bub, I can't do that.

But I digress...

Anyway, I got a clean bill of health, but he did a few things he hasn't done in the past.  He listened to my carotid arteries, for one.  I guess as you get older, there's more stuff they need to check.  I still got a clean bill of health.  My weight and blood pressure are "perfect" as he said, and my weight is holding steady.  It'll take a couple of days for the lab work to come back, so I've still got to wait for that.

He did refer me to a urologist.  You know that "Gotta go right now" feeling the commercial talks about?  Yeah, I get that.  I feel like I need to pee all the time.  And I do mean all the time.  But half the time, when I go, I just get a little trickle.  Then 30 seconds later, I feel like I have to go again.  So, we're going to see what that's all about.

I know, I know, you probably didn't want to hear about that, but hey, maybe if you have similar problems, you now know you're not alone.  Maybe it'll give you the courage to bring it up with your own doctor. 

After my appointment, I went and had a sausage biscuit, which is also my after physical tradition.  Then I came home, ate lunch, then went fishing.  I got three bites at the river, but missed them all.  Then I went to the pond, but nothing there was biting.  I could see the fish swimming around, but they just wouldn't take my bait.  I'll say one thing, though.  If I keep on fishing I just might end up with a tan.

Last night, I finished the first of my Jaywalker socks.


I haven't cast on the second one yet.  I bought some yarn a while back in Cody's school colors, and want to knit him a hat and scarf set for Christmas.  That's kinda taking priority right now.  I wish I could find an old pattern for a ribbed type scarf and hat set I used to have.  I knit it for one of my nephews like 10 years ago, but I can't find it now.  If I don't, I'll just use a mistake rib, which is similar, but quite the same thing. 

Moving right along...

As most of my regular readers know, I frequently donate to Green Beans Coffee's Cup Of Joe program, in which I can buy coffee for troops stationed overseas.  Sometimes they have special promotions, like the Challenge coins I showed you a few days back.  This month, they are offering a t-shirt.  Mine came Monday:


And finally, I'm starting to get some flowers blooming in my wildflower beds.


I'm thinking that maybe next year, I won't plant anything.  I'll just see what seeds itself.  They seeded plenty in my yard, after all.

And on the other side, everything has perked up since I put the mulch down.  These are my Four O' Clocks.  No blooms yet, but they are really growing well.


I need to put some more slug killer out, and spray them down with bug killer.  My zinnias and marigolds are doing well, too.


And finally, finally, just one more thing...I've got another poem finished.  I'm just letting the words settle a bit before posting it on my poetry blog. 

If you want an invitation to my poetry blog, leave a comment, send me an e-mail or PM on FB with your gmail address and I'll send one out straight away. 

Well, that's about all I have for tonight. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: