Sunday, September 01, 2013

September Thirty Day Movie Challenge

I was browsing blogs today when I found a new blog challenge.   This one is about movies.  I'm not a real big movie watcher, but I thought I'd give this one a try.  Feel free to join in on the fun.

So, here we go...


Day 01 - Your favorite movie

It would have to be The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, which I count as one long movie broken into three parts.

Tolkien originally wrote the book as one long book, but the publishers split it into three volumes because the price of paper was so high right after WWII.  They were afraid printing it as one would make the volume so expensive that no one could afford to buy one.

Tolkien hated the idea, but went along with it, because he saw the wisdom of the publisher's decision.




Favorite Quotes:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

"Become who you were born to be."  --Lord Elrond to Aragorn

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."  Samwise Gamgee

No comments: