Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

I'm a little late with my chat today.  I've been working on my dress.  I'm almost to the point of *shudder* setting in the sleeves.  I got a little confused, because there was an error in the instructions. Nowhere in there did it say to sew the side seams on the bodice.  I read through several times just to make sure I hadn't missed it.  Nope, not there.

So I'm just winging that part.  I know they have to be done before I can set the sleeves, so that's what I've just got through doing.  And I decided to take a bit of a break before tackling the sleeves.  Anyway, grab a mug of whatever beverage you choose and join me for the chat. 


Everyday Ruralty


1.  Did you ever take piano lessons, as a child or adult? 

Yes, I took one year of piano lessons when I was in the 5th grade.   My mother would pick me up after school and take me to the teacher's house, then I would walk home after the lesson.  Small town.  We could do that.  Anyway, she would park out in front of the elementary school, and I'd see her car and get into it and go to the teacher's house.  But, when I got into 6th grade, and up into Jr. High, my mother would park in the back of the school.  I would walk out the front and go on home, because I kept forgetting which day my lessons were on.  I hadn't gotten into that routine yet.   For some reason, that made her so mad that after a month she cancelled my piano lessons, and I never took them again. 

2.  How many times do you eat out each month? 

 Maybe once.  I don't eat out very often at all.  I've got too much food in the house that I've already paid for.

3.  If you could snap you fingers and change on thing about your appearance, what would that be?  (Temporary or permanent) 

I would make my hair less frizzy and more soft and shiny.  And it would be permanent.   I get kind of tired of battling the frizz all the time.

4.   Do you like looking at art or photography? Do you go to any place that displays them? 

Yes, I do.  I went to the art museum down in Jackson last month.  I keep saying I'm going to go back to the one in Memphis soon, but once I get there, I always end up at the zoo instead.  

5.  Do you have new things for your fall/ winter wardrobe? 

Not as of yet.  If I ever get around to hemming that skirt, I will, but as a rule, I don't buy a lot of clothes.  

Thanks for joining me for this week's chat.  I'm tired of doing that movie challenge meme, so you aren't going to get any more of it, unless I need a cop out post. 

Now, back to the dreaded sleeves...


2 comments:

Kim said...

The piano lesson story cracked me up. And I have frizzy hair too so I would add that to my list of "fixes".

Patrice said...

I hope the sleeves went well! I never eat out either. Too expensive and you never know what ingredients they use. I like art, and zoos! Have a good week.