Friday, September 27, 2013

A Change Of Plans

Our pastor retired back in January, and this Sunday, we've got a potential new pastor coming to preach.  Cody wanted to come home for the weekend.  Beverly was going to go down and pick him up, but her schedule got pretty full pretty quickly.

When we found out the plant was going to be off today, we decided it would be better if I went and got him.  So, my plans for the day changed.  My plans to sit in front of the TV all day, I mean.  Oh, and go to Wal-mart and buy dog food and bread. 

I have such an exciting life. 

I drove down there and got him, and made him drive back.  Well, part way at least.  He hadn't slept well, and after I ate my baloney sandwich -- I packed a lunch, much cheaper than McDonald's-- and knit a little while, we traded places and I drove the rest of the way.

What did I knit on, you ask?  I'll tell you.  I cast on a new soldier hat.


This is a full sized hat, 96 stitch cast on, not a beanie.  The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash, and the color is some sort of dull brownish soldiery type color.  

When I got home, I discovered these beauties in my front yard.


Which reminded me that I'd never posted this photo of a bindweed bloom.


I took it about a month ago, but never got around to posting it.  I've been really lazy with my picture taking lately.

I need to do better. 

No comments: