Friday, September 06, 2013

Dear Married Man



I am very flattered by your attention to me, but here's the deal, if you really love me as much as you say you do, the first thing is...

Well, the first thing is, you shouldn't be loving me at all.  You should be loving your wife.  You did love her once, you know.  You loved her enough to marry her.  You loved her enough to commit the rest of your life to her.  She is still the same person you married, so you should be doing whatever it takes to make your marriage a strong and healthy one.  Yes, this may mean you have to change a few things.  It may mean that it's no longer all about you.  But this is what you need to do.

Secondly, if you really love me as much as you say you do, then you would treat me with dignity and respect.  If you really love me as much as you say you do, then you would care about my reputation, my honor, and my integrity. 

If you really love me as much as you say you do, then you wouldn't be trying to make me the ho. 

That's not love.  That's selfishness.

So, go home to your wife and work things out.

Thank you.

That is all. 

No comments: