Thursday, September 05, 2013

September Thirty Day Movie Challenge

Well, it's only day 5, and I'm getting tired of this one already. Since I'll be watching football for the next four days, and since my internet is frustratingly spotty, I'll give you a couple more days before I sign off on it completely. But I don't expect to last the whole month. Be that as it may, here we go...


Day 05 - Your favorite drama movie

A Beautiful Mind


Starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ed Harris, Paul Bettany, and a whole host of other well known actors, A Beautiful Mind is based on the true story of Dr. John Nash, a mathematical genius,  his descent into schizophrenia and subsequent climb out of it.




I love this movie.  Maybe it's because of my interest in psychology. Maybe it's because it is so well acted.  The movie draws you in, and kind of gives you an idea of what life is like for a schizophrenic.  As you get to the end of the movie, you discover that...well, I won't spoil it for you if you've never seen it.  I'll just let the psychiatrist explain:

Dr. Rosen: Imagine if you suddenly learned that the people, the places, the moments most important to you were not gone, not dead, but worse, had never been. What kind of hell would that be? 

Just watch it.  At the end, like me, you will just say "wow".  

No comments: