Friday, June 07, 2013

The Dance Of Joy

Do you remember the old 80s TV show called Perfect Strangers?

In the show, Balki and Larry had this dance they did called the Dance of  Joy. The dance evolved a bit from the first season and by the time the show ended it looked like this:



Today at work, I was doing some particularly obnoxious parts.  Several orders of them, at that.  It was after lunch when I finally finished the last one.  As I put the last header into the bin with the rest of the completed work, I said, "Now we are so happy, we do the Dance of Joy!" and I started doing it.

Right there at my brazing stand.

When I finished, I turned around and there were two of my supervisors, staring at me like I'd gone off my rocker.  Ronnie asked me if I'd been drinking.  I just laughed.

The plant has about 5 different supervisors now, each covering a different area.  Ronnie used to be over all of the assembly lines.  Well, really, at one time he was over the entire plant.  Then they started adding more supervisors for different areas.  Now Ronnie is over lines 3 & 4, and Alex is over lines 1 & 2.  That makes Alex my new supervisor.

Yesterday, he came up to me and said, "Did you see what [another supervisor] did?"  I responded that I hadn't, so Alex said that the other sup had flipped him off, and was worried that I'd seen it and would report him.  I said that no, I would leave it to them to settle their own differences.  Stuff has to be really bad for me to report it-- I mean like, safety hazard bad.

Anyway, Alex said, "Well, if you ever see him do it again, mess with him about it."

I have a feeling that things at work are about to get a lot more interesting.

He he he...

No comments: