Saturday, June 22, 2013

Strange Cravings

I was sitting in my recliner this afternoon, watching reruns of Doctor Who on Netflix, when suddenly, I needed a legal pad.  I didn't just think, "say, a legal pad would be a nice thing to have."  No, I needed a legal pad.

I mean, I really, really needed a legal pad.  

I remembered that I had bought a whole pack of legal pads years ago, so I tore up the house looking for them.  I didn't find them, but I did find 4 packs of pens-- three of which hadn't even been opened.


But no legal pads.

Well, I thought, I'll just go get one after church tomorrow.  And a nifty leather thing to hold it.  After church.  Tomorrow.

But the craving would not be silenced, so off to Wal-mart I went.


I found the nifty leather thing to hold it, and it had a legal pad already inside.


Alas, it was white, which just would not do.  I needed a yellow legal pad.


Yeah...


Into the nifty leather thing went the yellow legal pad, and the craving was finally sated.  I have my legal pad, a proper yellow one, and a nifty leather thing to hold it, and all is right with the world.  I am content.

Life is good.

No comments: