Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'm Going To Live

Yesterday I went to my appointment with the infectious disease guy, and he pronounced that I was going to live.  Basically, he said I was cured, and that Dr. Lee had done everything right.  The problem cases occur when people let things like that go on too long and by the time they go to a doctor, they're very sick.

But since I went to the doctor as soon as I noticed a problem, and he put me on antibiotics right away, I'm cured and there's nothing more I need to do.  He did say that the rash would take a while to fade, and that was mainly what I was concerned about.

Once we got that out of the way, it was on to the fun stuff.  Cody went with me, but didn't want to drive, the little stinker.  So I couldn't knit on the way.

Anyway, the first thing we did is to go get something to eat.

We ate at Soulshine in Ridgeland, then drove out to Mississippi College, because he needed to pick up some clothes he'd left there.

 It's a very nice campus, very compact.  My college was nicknamed The 40 Acres, and for good reason.

Cody took great delight in showing me all the sights, but then it was back to Jackson whereupon we went to the mall to find Cody some new shoes.

I was sitting there on the bench, bored, while Cody was shopping for shoes, wishing he would hurry so we could go to Lowe's and Bass Pro Shops.  Yes, I do recognize the irony in that.

I found it to be quite amusing.

We finally got to Lowe's and I got some mulch for my flower beds.  Well, first I went to the bathroom because by that time, the Dr. Pepper I'd drank at lunch was working it's way through me.  When I came out, I didn't see Cody anywhere.  I figured he had wandered off, so I sent him a text saying that I was in the garden center.

Well, he didn't come, and he didn't come, so I went looking for him.  I finally found him, and he said, "Sometimes a man just needs to look at hammers."

I also found this little marigold.

It was the only one they had like that, and I got it.

Finally, we made it to Redneck Heaven, also known as Bass Pro Shops, where I was squealing and jumping up and down, and Cody was bored.  Yes, I do recognize the irony in that.

I found it to be quite amusing.

I bought some new vanes for my arrows.

I was going to get feathers, but when I saw the price of them, I decided vanes were good enough for what I wanted to do with them.  James said I could borrow his fletcher, so I hope to get those done soon.

I also bought some lures.

I didn't realize how similar the Rat-L-Trap and Strike King were until I'd gotten home.  And of course, I got the Yo-Zuri because I liked the rainbow sparklies.

It's my one concession to my femininity.

Then we had to rush back, because I'd told my friend Tina that we would get on Google Hangout and practice sign language.  She is taking a class, and I've always been interested in learning it, so we try to get together once a week or so and practice.  It is fun.

After that, I pretty much just went to bed.  It was a long, tiring day, but except for the lack of knitting time, it was a good day. 

Today, not so much.  I had to go back to work, and that's never a good thing. 

But I did go fishing after work.  I caught 4 fish and threw them all back.  They were too small to keep.  I still had fun catching them, so the day wasn't a total waste. 

Maybe I'll go back tomorrow.


StephieKnits said...

I am so glad that you are going to live. Our health is very important!
I am with you on the Bass Pro shop and Lowe's over shopping for shoes. I also love to go to REI and Cabela's. I am heading out camping this weekend in the mountains. First trip this season and cannot wait!

Bag Blog said...

Looks like a great day with Cody.


Related Posts with Thumbnails