Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

It's that time again. Time for another Farmhouse Chat. So grab your lemonade and join me on the porch.


Everyday Ruralty


1.  Do you enjoy grocery shopping? 

Eh, not particularly.  But I don't particularly dislike it either.  It's just one of those things that you have to do.

2.  Are you following any particular news stories? 

Not particularly.  I'm kind of following the IRS scandals, and the spying scandals, and the phone taps scandals, and of course, the Benghazi scandal, but not religiously.  I don't watch news on TV, but I have some news junkie friends on FB who keep me informed about everything that is going on.

3.  How do you feel about all of the technology we have today? Is it too much, just right, or not enough? 

Yes, and no.  It's great having friends all around the world at your fingertips, and being able to access all the information that is out there.  On the other hand, we seem to be losing that personal touch.  We are losing that sense of community that we once had.  We don't even know our neighbors any more. 

4.  On a scale of 1-10(1 being the least) how much do you worry? 

 I'd say about a 4.  I don't worry too often, but when I do worry, I go all out. 

5.  Without any of your responsibilities or concern with how you would accomplish this, what would your three dream jobs be?

A rancher, a hermit, or a mountain man.  Except not the man part.   But saying "mountain person" just sounds too weird. 

I hope you've enjoyed this week's chat, and your lemonade.   Now I'm going to go try to finish that pesky sock, so I can start knitting Christmas gifts.

Oh, by the way, it's only 6 months until Christmas. 

You're welcome.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

First off Becky. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I love the mountain man answer...Mountain woman dosen't sound right either.lol. I agree with the technology answer too. We have had "new" neighbors for about 3 years now. The only time I see them is when they bring their kids to our house for trick-or-treat...Which is only 4 months away. Have a blessed week :O)

Tiffany said...

I wish I could worry that Less LOL

Clairity said...

Funny, isn't it, how technology sets out to connect people but end up driving them apart at the same time LOL.

Kim said...

We don't know our neighbors either, but judging by the number of times I see a police car out front - I'm OK with not knowing them :)

Empty Nester said...

The news anchors and reporters just get on my last nerve with all their opinions. Can't take that. I am not much of a worrier but, like you, when I do worry, I tend to do it well. LOL

Patrice said...

I agree that we are losing touch with all the technology around. I hate seeing people sitting together, but all on a different device. In the old days, we used to talk to each other. I should start thinking of Christmas now. It's no fun when it sneaks up on you and you aren't ready. Thank you for giving me six months notice.