Sunday, June 30, 2013

Knitting And Flowers, and Stuff

After searching and searching for a pattern I liked for Cody's hat, I finally just cast on a plain old stockinette with ribbed brim stocking cap.  I've gotten the ribbing done, and have just started the body of the hat.  I decided to go with a full on stocking hat, rather than a beanie.  I figure that if he's going to wear it to football games, a stocking hat will be a bit warmer.


I don't know yet what I'm going to do about the scarf, though.  I'll figure that out when I get there.

As for me, I decided to put the second Jaywalker sock aside and just do another plain vanilla sock.

For those of you who may not be knitters, a plain vanilla sock is what we call socks with no pattern or design to them.  They are just stockinette stitch, except for the ribbing at the top.

Anyway, I had some Crazy Zauberball that I though would make some really pretty socks.  I wasn't sure, though, since that yarn is only two plies, and very loosely spun, so I wondered if it would hold up as socks.

Nevertheless, I cast on and started.   However, I'd only gotten this far when I came to the second, yes second break in the yarn.


It wasn't the whole yarn that was broken, but just one of the plies.  You can see it in the photo, the pink ply sticking up where it was broken.  Still, it confirmed what I'd suspected.  This yarn would never last as a pair of socks.

I pulled it off the needles and cast on with some Paton's Kroy. 


The colorway is Brown Striped Ragg. 

And finally, here's a lovely little photo of my wildflowers.  They're really starting to take off now. 


I can't wait to see the bed in full bloom. 

Oh, and I found the laundry soap recipe, here.  Homemade Laundry Detergent.   This is the powdered form, which I prefer to liquid.  I'll let you know how it works sometime later, as I still have half a box of storebought left.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails