Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A White Christmas

Well, ok, this is as close as we came to a White Christmas this year.

Jake pulled all the stuffing out of his new toy. This is what it looked like by the end of the day.

And by the end of the next day, it was completely demolished.

But I didn't really come here to tell you all about my destructive dog. On to the topic at hand, knitting.

It has been a gloomy, rainy day all day today. I've spent it working on my Queen Anne's Lace. I'm half a round from being done with chart three, but it's gotten to the point where it's so bunched up on the needle that I can't get a decent photo of it.

So I'll show you these. This is the first Falling In Love sock which I finally got finished. It's not a bad pattern, but those knit 4 togethers are a pain in the patootey to get done.

And I finished my Cowboys hat.

I made it to match my I Love My Cowboys Scarf, which I'm seriously considering redoing.

The nature of the heart motif makes the scarf want to fold in half, and that just irks me. I want to be able to see the pattern. So I'm thinking of ripping it and making a garter stitch border at the bottom, which the original pattern didn't call for. If it still wants to fold in half, I may have to do a few rows of garter stitch in between each heart motif. Since they are interlocking, I'm not sure how that will work out. I may just see if I can find a non lacy heart to do it in. I don't know yet. Just let me finish QAL, then I'll figure it out.

My Christmas cactus is still blooming, wonder of wonders. It is absolutely covered in buds.


It hasn't bloomed this much since I've had it. I don't know why it suddenly decided to bloom, but I like it.

1 comment:

Patch said...

I had to laugh at Jake's present, but only because I been there too: 2 of my cats (when they were babies) unrolled an entire roll of paper ALL over the bathroom, and almost every dog me or my family ever had would get into the trash and decorate the kitchen floor with it. I feel for ya.

I do love your Cowboy-love hat & scarf set though! Not for me, but because you're such a fan donchaknow.