I finally got around to uploading the latest photos of my knitting projects. Here is the completed hat:
I didn't really use a pattern. I just knit it according to basic hat construction. I did make the ribbing twice as long as normal, and added a turning row to it. J said he wanted to be able to double it over his ears.
Next project: This is Ice Queen as it looked Tuesday night:
It's moving along pretty quickly. At this rate, I ought to have it finished before Christmas Eve. I am making it without beads, though. I would think beads in a wimple would be quite annoying. I know they would always catch in my hair.
and Rylea were having a glare down.
And a gratuitous shot of the Christmas tree.
Finally, as I was coming into the office to upload my photos, I found this:
My Christmas cactus, that Cody had given me for my birthday about 6 or 7 years ago, actually bloomed! And without me forcing it or anything. It had been so long since it had bloomed that I'd pretty much given up on it. Not only did it have this huge bloom on it, but it is covered in buds. I hope more of them bloom, and don't just dry up and fall off like they usually do.
Well, I'd best get back to my knitting...