Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Winter

a day late, that is. Yesterday was the first day of winter, and I completely missed it. So Happy Belated Winter to all of you.

Yesterday was also Jake's 4 month birthday. He's almost as big as Rylea, but he is going to be a big dog. I was going to post about how he's beginning to be less of a pesky little brat dog, and into more of a companion, but today his peskiness is out in full force.

One bit of football news. The Cowboys have cut struggling kicker Nick Folk, who missed what would have been the game clinching field goal against New Orleans, and replaced him with struggling kicker Shaun Suisham, who was cut by the Redskins two weeks ago after he missed what would have been the game clinching field goal against New Orleans. Yes, the same Shaun Suisham who had already been cut by the Cowboys twice in his career. I only hope when it's time to start adding to the 80 man roster in the spring, Folk will still be available, and they can resign him. I think once he gets a full offseason workout, and a full training camp--which he didn't this year because of his leg surgery--he will pull out of this slump he's in and be money once again.

Today was my last day of work until January 4. I just relaxed this evening, and will start the rest of my baking tomorrow. Oh, and I've got to bind off Ice Queen and get it blocked, too.

3 comments:

Steve said...

And Happy Festivus to you! (12/23)

Bag Blog said...

Take it easy on your days off and enjoy the season. My knitting is coming along - slowly. I'm beginning to get my fingers into some sort of rhythm.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Steve.

Lou, that is great! Once you find that rhythm, you will fly through your knitting.