Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Little Drummer Boy", David Bowie and Bing Crosby

This used to be one of Cody's favorite Christmas songs. One day, when he was about 6 or so, we were driving down the road and it came on the radio. "SHHH," Cody shouted. "It's the "Pum Pum Song!" I still haven't let him live that one down.

In other news, knitting is proceeding at a furious pace. The hat I was working on for J is finished. I've got photos, but they are on my desktop, and, well, I'm not going to go into the other room to upload them. I've got to figure out how to get photos to upload to my laptop.

I cast on an Ice Queen for B. I'm using Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Iris Heather on size 8 needles. I hope to get it finished in time, but if I don't, I'll get her a copy of The Christmas Sweater, by Glen Beck. I haven't read it, but some of my friends have and they say it's very good.

I got the last of my gifts that need to be mailed packed up and ready to go. Next on the agenda: checking my recipes and making a shopping list. I want to start baking this weekend. Tuesday is our last day of work, and I promised to take some cookies up sometime before Christmas. I didn't want to make them too early, because they'd either get eaten or go stale before Christmas.

I was going to make my chocolate fudge today, but just didn't get around to it. It doesn't take long. I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

One last bit of good news, when we were taking our evening walk, Rylea took a few steps on her bad leg. It's the first time she's walked on it since she got hit back in October.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

It sounds like you have Christmas in hand. I learned to knit this past weekend, but I need lots of practice. I bought some bamboo needles to help me - my garage sale needles were long and slick. Anyway, I'll give it a try.

Great video and song.

Becky G said...

Congratulations on learning to knit! I can't wait to see some projects. Yes, bamboo are good beginner needles. They aren't as slick as aluminum.