Sunday, December 06, 2009

Christmas Parade Photos

Finally, here are some photos of the Christmas parade.

The local Police Department leads things off.

Followed by the NJROTC.

The junior high band.

the Holmes Community College band.

And the Grenada High school marching band.



I apologize for the shaky video. I have a tendency to not look at the screen while I'm filming. That is Cody --second in playing the tuba. He was telling that guy beside him, "Don't look! Don't look!" but he looked anyway.

And here are the only three floats to appear in the parade.



And finally, Santa Claus, bringing up the rear.

The rest of the 62 entries were just cars with hand lettered signs taped to the side saying things like "Merry Christmas from Fred's Hardware" or some such like that.

We really do have a boring parade here. Once Cody graduates, I probably won't even go any more.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Nice weather though! I think parades are a little weirder the older I get. I still like the big balloons in the Macy's parade though!

SJ said...

I'm glad you were able to make it anyway, even though the timing was less than stellar.

I wonder what could reasonably make a (presumably) small town/city parade more exciting. Maybe tree lighting ceremonies are the better way to go!

Perpetual Beginner said...

My God, Cody has gotten so adult since the last time I saw him. I did a serious double-take at the video.

Becky G said...

Steve, I love the Macy's parade, too.

SJ, that's an easy one. More floats, less cars with hand lettered signs taped to the side.

Cindy, hasn't he, though? I hardly recognize him myself.