Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Whiskers and WIPs

This working 6 days a week has really cut into my knitting time, but I did get a little bit done on a couple of projects.

1. The Friendship Blankie: I got a few more squares done.


Slowly it's growing. It's almost 1/4th done now. It is 12 squares wide and I want to make it 24 squares long. It's going to take a long time to finish. I think with my first overtime check (which I should get next week), I'm going to buy a couple more of Robyn's starter kits. If I can catch them in stock, that is. They sell out almost as soon as she makes them up.

2. Anniversary Mystery Shawl: I finished clue 2.

There you can see the center panel (on the left) and one section of the pattern. Everyone else is on clue 4. There is one more to go, then the KAL will be done. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up, even before we started working overtime, so I'm not really worried about it. I just print out the clues as they come, and knit them when I can. I tell you, though, some of them women knit like Superwoman or something. The clues are posted on Saturdays and by Sunday night, they are finished knitting them.

~~Whiskers on Wednesday~~

"Here comes that old lady with the camera again. Maybe if I pretend really hard to be asleep, she'll go away.

Is it working?"

One last thing. I don't normally post political stuff on my blog. Sometimes I think I should start. I'm sure I'd get more traffic that way. (My abyssmal 10 hits per day is almost not worth blogging for. ) But then, I'd have to deal with the raving lunatics who would no doubt troll the place, and I just don't have the disposition for that. Still and all, this one was just too good not to blog about.

You are going to be thin, whether you want to or not! You are going to exercise, whether you want to or not! THE ONE has decreed it. Now, don't get me wrong. I think everyone should try to be as healthy as they can. But it is not the government's place to order us to do so. It is the individual's responsibility, and no one else's business. Besides that, I cannot endeavor to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that gives the government the authority to dictate what I can and cannot eat and how much I am required to exercise.

I CAN, however, quite easily lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that requires a person to be a natural born citizen of these United States of America to hold the highest office in the land. (Article II Section 1, just in case you were wondering.)

.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Just remind yourself, the USA had to endure 4 years of Carter before getting a Reagan. People easy forget how bad BIG government really is for their health!

Patch said...

Well said, Bec (and Steve). I agree that Americans need to be healthier, but like you said government mandate is not the way to go about it.

Becky G said...

Steve, I do remember the Carter years, but even he wasn't this bad. At least he didn't seize private companies and assets.

Patti, agreed. It's not their responsibility, or their business.

Opal said...

love how the friendship blankie is coming along. i think i'll be able to get a package of my leftovers out to you this week.

kitty!