Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bags and Books

I'd seen these bags, and liked them, but hadn't gotten one. When I saw them Friday, there were only two left. Since they were only $3, I went ahead and bought one.

Good thing. The blankie was getting a bit too big for the cardboard box I'd had it stuffed in.


Audio Book Review
: Emma , by Jane Austen, read by Sibella Denton. Emma is one of Jane Austen's classics, but I had never been able to read the book. However, by listening to it, I was finally able to finish this story. All librivox readers are volunteers, and not professional actors. Mrs. Denton is one of the better readers, though she sometimes reads a bit too fast for my Southern ear, especially on the longer chapters. She starts off with a good pace, but speeds up as the chapter goes on. She also does voices for each of the characters, and her rendition of the chatterbox Miss Bates is tops. There is sometimes a bit of background noise, but this recording is over all a good one. The recording is available either by chapter or by a zip file of the entire book.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I like the bag! Listening to Jane Austen on tape is a good idea. I have trouble getting through some of her stuff too.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou. The only Jane Austen I have ever managed to read all the way through is Pride and Prejudice. I've listened to Sense and Sensibility, as well as Emma.