Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life

seems to be a bit overwhelming right now. I've really got the blahs. I think it's the heat. It's been in the upper 90's all week, and they're predicting triple digit temps for the weekend. My A/C has been running almost constantly, and I don't let the dogs out but for a few minutes at a time.

I don't even feel that much like knitting. I ripped my shawl back to the most recent lifeline because the stitch counts just weren't coming out right. I've corrected whatever error I had made, because I'm now back to where I was and everything is working fine.

Anyone remember Project 365? I'd started it back in January. I'm still taking photos for it. I've missed a couple of days, some because I just forgot to take a photo. Anyway, I'd been posting them on my other blog, and have gotten way behind. I'm going to try to get caught up. I got a few photos posted today, and will try to get some more uploaded here in the next few days.

Now, just so this post isn't totally worthless, here is one of my favorite photos of all time:




I took this a year or so ago at the Memphis Zoo. I don't know who that guy is taking the picture with his phone. He just happened to be there. I think what I like best about this shot is that it happened totally by chance, and turned out so well. The lighting, the balance, the composition --it's all just right, and with no editing whatsoever. I didn't even crop it.

1 comment:

Opal said...

temp in the upper 90's? eeps! at least that photo is ever so refreshing. :)