Sunday, June 28, 2009

Supervisors

There are three supervisors where I work. They all cover different departments within the plant. I have worked for all of them at one time or another. They are all very different.

Carlo is very laid back. Nothing ever seems to faze him. He never raises his voice, never seems flustered. Carlo's claim to fame--at least in my eyes-- is that he always smells good. Always. I don't know what he wears, but it smells soo good. I used to follow around, just so I could sniff him.

Then there is Calvin. He is just the opposite of Carlo. Calvin is the worrywart. He walks around very fast, with his head down, talking to himself. At times, I would swear you can almost see him shaking from nervousness.

Finally, we have Ronnie. Ronnie is the prankster of the group. He is always clowning about something. Back a few years ago, the plant was setting up a new testing system, and I was running it. Since it was new, Ronnie had asked me to call him every time a unit failed the test. Well, I was testing a unit, and it failed. I looked up into the supervisor's office and saw Ronnie sitting there at his desk. I walked back to the phone to call him.

"Can you hold that unit for a while? I'm all the way over [on the other side of the plant]." Ronnie told me. I agreed to do that, and when I turned around to hang up the phone, Ronnie was standing right behind me! That's the kind of thing you can expect from him.

While it may not always be pleasant at work, I must say, it is always interesting.

No comments: