Monday, June 29, 2009

Music Monday

A couple of weeks ago, Steve posted his all time favorite love song, and asked two questions, What is yours and what does it remind you of. It took a lot of thinking, because there are so many good songs out there, but I finally settled on this one: Everything I do, by Bryan Adams.



It beat out some tough competition, including Faithfully, Shameless, and even a bit of Bob Seger. But it has got to be my all time favorite love song.

What does it remind me of? The movie for one. Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. Now, one doesn't normally think of that movie is particularly romantic one, but to me it is. I think it is much more romantic than silly movies like oh, say 50 First Dates, or The Wedding Date. Here is Robin, doing what is necessary to protect his country, his freedom, and the woman he loves, even if it costs him his life. Now THAT is truly romantic.

4 comments:

Patch said...

Ugh, favorite love song is like trying to name a favorite movie: too many to name (especially to us hopeless romantics).

Two that come to mind for me are Someone to Watch Over Me, by Gershwin; and Open Arms, by Journey.

Becky G said...

I know what you mean. I had a hard time settling on just one. I could have listed nearly every song George Strait ever sang.

I like Open Arms, too.

Steve said...

I also remember back in the day I really liked that song from Top Gun (I don't feel like looking it up!), and then the one that was in that mouse movie with Fifel - Somewhere out there ... I used to imagine my future girlfriend/wife was out there listening to the song to and looking at the same stars in the sky I was (Yeah, I was cheezy back then too!)

Becky G said...

Steve, you may be thinking of Take My Breath Away. I like that song, too.

Yeah, I used to do the same thing with Somewhere Out There. I used to imagine someone special was looking up at the moon, wondering where I was.

Oh, that puts me in mind of another song I like, Travis Tritt--Drift Off To Dream. I'll try to find it and link it later.