Saturday, May 09, 2009

Uncle's 88th Birthday

Under a gloomy Saturday Sky that looked like this all day:

my Uncle Lavergne celebrated his 88th birthday. I've spoken of him before. He's the one who had the goats.

The birthday boy:
And my handsome boy:

Auntie, my dad's oldest sister, and Uncle's wife:

You've met her before, too. They've been married 63 years.

Uncle blows out his candles:

And they are enjoying their cake and ice cream:


Now, I mustn't forget this little boo boo. Here I finally would have gotten a really good picture of Cody, only I had my finger partially covering the flash, so it made a shadow across part of his face. He said it was a cool effect.

But in the end, I had to settle for his usual, sulky teenager expression:

Sometimes it seems as though a mother just can't win.

Especially when dealing with teenagers.

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

What a handsome couple. We celebrated my great uncle's 65th wedding anniversary this spring. It was pretty cool.

Patch said...

Wow, 63 years is just awesome; what a cute couple too.

(Cody looks just like you too - same eyes and face shape. He's definitely yours)

Becky G said...

Lou, thanks. My great grandparents made it to 75. I can't even imagine!

Patch, yep, he's definitely mine!