Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Something Different

I did something different today. I've been walking the same road for, oh 4 or 5 years now. Every time, EVERY time, I take the right fork.

Today, I took the left fork.

I'd never been down this way before. Look, we are not alone....those aren't my dog's tracks.

Ok, I'm being dramatic. I know who those dogs belong to. But we aren't alone...

Deer tracks. Two sets. But no sign of the deer. Too early in the day for them to be out.

Whoever planted that cotton go a little over zealous.

Now, Katie's off on the hunt!

We're almost back to the paved road, when it starts raining.

Only, the sky looked like this:

So where was that rain coming from? I looked over my shoulder and found a more likely culprit.


So I tucked the camera away and high tailed it back to the house. And that was the end of my walk.

5 comments:

SJ said...

Thanks!

I really like this post. It's like a little journey. =)

I always take different routes - when walking or driving. I think it drives my husband nuts. He always goes the same way. But then when the roads are blocked I know where to go... Of course the real reason I do it is because I just like to explore--and take it all in. =)

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

I agree - I take different ways all the time too - just for the adventure : ) But I like SJ's justification - when roads are closed you know the other routes! I enjoyed this post, too!

Becky G said...

Unfortunatley, I am a creature of habit. I've been eating the exact same lunch for the last 3 years now. I take comfort in sameness, so taking the left fork in the road was a big deal to me. I'm glad I did it though.

Patch said...

Good for you, taking "the road less traveled." Bummer about getting rained out, but those are nice pics of your safari.

Becky G said...

Patch, thanks. Yep, we've been getting rain nearly every day for like 6 weeks now. It's our monsoon season. Now, in a couple more months, we'll be begging for rain.