Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Laptops and WIPs

I've mentioned before that I wanted a laptop. Well, usually when I want something I don't need, I wait a few days and the wanting goes away. Not so this time. I kept on wanting one. I began shopping around, still not quite sure of what I was looking for. Mostly, I wanted to be able to get online without being tied to my computer desk.

I mentioned on Facebook that I was shopping for a laptop, and one of my old college buddies found one online that she recommended to me. It was a Gateway, a brand I'm familiar with, and so far haven't heard one negative thing about. It seemed like a good deal, and was within the price range I was looking to spend, so I ordered it.

Because of the holiday, it didn't ship until yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I got home from work today, and Cody met me on the front steps saying, "you got a big box". Yep, it was my laptop. The first thing I had to do was plug it in and charge the battery. Three hours never seemed so long since-well, any three hours spent at work.


Finally, it was charged, and what was the first thing I did? I took the silly thing and sat it on my computer desk!

Ok, so I needed my desktop to set up internet access, which I did, and am now blogging from the comfort of my queen sized bed. Which I need to be sleeping in, not blogging in. This wierd mouse pad thing is going to take some getting used to, but other than that, I'm loving it.

Now, since it's Wednesday, here is your WIP update.

1. Mystery Shawl KAL: I'm about halfway through clue 2.

2. Friendship Blankie: I got a whole nother row added, and still have quite a bit of yarn left to go.

Nothing else was worked on this week, so I'm not going to post photos of them. I will update when I have progress to report.

No Whiskers on Wednesday today. The cat doesn't want to cooperate. Ain't that just like a cat?

.


9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your shawl is looking REALLY PRETTY! Can't wait to see it blocked. What yarn are you using?

Your sock blankie is awesome, as ever.

Becky G said...

Bonnie, Thank you. That is Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool Heather.

Bag Blog said...

Congrats on the new computer. I think you will love having a computer you can carry around with you. The shawl is lovely.

Sus said...

Happy day when you get a new toy! I love that the sock blankie is now the friendship blankie, but what I think I love most is that it's a "blankie" -- that just sounds more cozy and yummy! :)

Patch said...

New puter! How fun! I'm still not ready for a laptop but when I am my next and last puter will be a laptop too. Glad to hear that Gateway still makes a good one; my first puter was a Gateway (desktop model) and I had no problems. I'd probably still be using it but it got to where it just wasn't "big" enough for Internet access.

Tammy said...

Yay for the laptop!! Your life will never be the same. ;)

Becky G said...

Lou, thanks. I'm sure I'm going to love it!

Sus, thank you. I wish I could claim credit for naming it a blankie, but that was what the designer called it. I love it, too, though.

Patch, this is actually my first non Dell computer. I've heard nothing but good about Gateway, though. I think when you finally do get yourself a laptop, you'll wonder why you waited so long!

Tammy, thanks!

Robin said...

WooooooHooooo!! I knew you'd do it! Next you'll buy a "Cowboy Skin" for it!!

Becky G said...

Robin, what is this "Cowboy Skin" you speak of? Well, I did get a BLUE laptop!