Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Stuff

I always want to have a well thought out beginning to my post. One that will grip the reader and lure him into my little world for a few minutes. Sometimes, it works out that way. Other times, it doesn't, and I have to just jump right in there. This is one of those times.

It's been a pretty quiet day. I made it to church for the first time in what seemed like a month. Came home and watched movies for the rest of the day. I made Cody watch The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. It's a very disturbing movie, but I felt it was important that he see it--especially given the current political climate. He was quiet for a long time afterward, then went over and began hugging the dog. I know it bothered him, even though he wouldn't talk about it. Me, I'd seen it before. I'd wanted to watch it again, but it took me this long to be able to do so. I think it was harder watching it the second time.



I finished up chart 1 of my Queen Anne's Lace. The shawl was going well. I was enjoying the pattern. So what did I do? I signed up for a mystery KAL.


This is Anniversary Mystery Shawl '09. You have to join the Yahoo group to get the pattern, but it's free. I don't normally do mystery projects. You know, what if it's ugly? But for some reason, I decided to try this one. So far, I'm liking it. There will be 5 clues, released once each week. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to knit them up that fast, but I will print them out and get to them when I can.

The yarn is Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool Heather colorway. Funy, this is the same yarn I'm using for my QAL, but it feel thicker, more firmly spun. I'm actually enjoying working with it better.

Well, my beautiful, glorious, wonderful, all too short weekend has drawn to a close, and I must get to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow. Sigh, where do the days go?

.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Striped Pajamas was a really good film. My son read it for an AR book, and I read it when he was done ... all before we saw the movie. The book was good because it provided more details and a few twists the movie couldn't do.

Opal said...

ain't nothing wrong with shawl love. ;)

i love the yarn your using for the new one. i have such a hard time deciphering what the yarn colors really are on the knitpicks website. tide pool looks much prettier here then it does on their site.

Becky G said...

Steve, I totally agree about books. They can offer so much more than a movie can. This one is already on my reading list.

Opal, thanks. I agree with you about Knitpicks. It is so hard to tell what the yarn really looks like from their tiny little pictures.

Sus said...

The mo' lace on the needles, the mo' betta!! ;) Have fun with the KAL!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Sus!