Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Flames


He said he didn't do it on purpose. He hadn't meant to burn the pile, but it got away from him. Something was smoldering, he said. I'm not quite sure how the fire got started, but get started it did. Ironically enough, it was probably the best time to burn the rubbish pile, what with all the rain we've had lately. J said you should have seen all the rats run out of the thing when the fire got going good. I looked out my back window and saw it burning, so I bagged up all my junk mail that I hadn't yet got around to shredding and ran and threw it on the fire. It didn't take long until it was reduced to ash.

I've got to be at work at 6 in the morning, so it's going to be an early night for me.

1 comment:

Otter said...

We have been on a burn ban for about a year now. We have had a couple of good soaking rains lately. The minute the rain stops, you can smell the smoke in the air from my neighbors burning brush. Because of fire danger, there has been a lot of brush clearing, so lots of piles to burn. Got a couple of them myself.