Friday, May 22, 2009

A Surprise

So, I'm sitting there knitting along on the blankie

and watching TV. Over by the couch is Cody's tuba that he's checked out for the summer.

I know he's been practicing, because he's taken the horn out of the case, and there is sheet music scattered all over the couch.

But what's that?

A box. I wonder where that came from. Cody didn't say anything about it. I don't recall having ordered anything. But I go over and look at it. Sure enough, it is addressed to me. I open it up and

it's a Dallas Cowboys mini helmet. Where could that have come from? And look, there appears to be something written on it:


Felix Jones' autograph. It looks like a real one, too, not just a stamped on there one.

There was a letter in the box stating that this was a free gift for using my Dallas Cowboys credit card. Cool. I didn't know I was going to get a free gift for getting a Dallas Cowboys credit card.

I'd just wanted a card with a star on it.

.

7 comments:

chuckieknits said...

oh, that is positively nifty! aren't surprises fun? And a Cowboy surprise at that!

Opal said...

oh!! *love* the helmet! :D

Sus said...

How awesome is that?!?

Unknown said...

hehe, that is totally cool.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Y'all. I've finally stopped carrying it around with me, and it is on the top shelf of my computer desk with my other Cowboys stuff.

Patch said...

A Dallas Cowboys credit card? Geez, you are hooked. But hey, considering what one can get hooked on, I spose a football team is pretty tame. Enjoy!

P.S. So where in your home are you going to set up the official Cowboys shrine? ;)

Becky G said...

Patch, all my life...So far, the shrine is the top shelf of my computer desk. I'm going to have to move it soon. That shelf is getting full.