Thursday, December 18, 2008

Knitting, And Stuff

Knitting news has been a bit dull lately. I've been knitting, but most of it has been tedious, repetitious stuff--such as the prayer shawl and scarf I recently finished. I haven't cast on anything new, since I've decided to finish some of my WIPS. In the hot seat right now are the fallen leaves socks.


I've finished the gusset decreases and am working on the foot. Four more pattern repeats--and they go pretty quickly--then I can start the toe. I hope to be finished by tomorrow night. Next up will be finishing Branching Out #2. No progress on that since last time, since I've been a pretty monogamous knitter these last few weeks. I did wind some yarn for another pair of socks, only I got pretty ticked to find a knot right in the middle of the skein. It irked me enough to just set the yarn aside without even casting on. However, I'm almost over it now, so I'll probably cast on those socks soon. Well, as soon as I pick a pattern, that is.

I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for as long as I can remember. I was born on a Wednesday, and came home from the hospital the following Monday. The very next Sunday, I was propped up in front of the TV watching the Cowboys play. And every Sunday after that, as well. As I grew older, I remained a fan. Other girls had posters of Shaun Cassidy and Scott Baio on their walls. I had Cowboy team posters. I used to save my allowance to subscribe to the Dallas Cowboys weekly newspaper. When I went off to college, I let my subscription lapse. Since then, the newspaper has morphed into a weekly magazine--The Dallas Cowboys Star. The price has also increased significantly. Enough to discourage me from subscribing again, though I longed to.

So I was cruising the website last week and saw that they had new subscriptions to the magazine on sale for $29.95 per year. I couldn't resist. Along with my paid subscription, I received this gift:

Cool, huh?

Now, a bit of explanation about yesterday's post title. Some of you may not remember the old TV show The Incredible Hulk, starring Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno. In that show, Dr. Banner is hounded by a reporter named McGee. There is one scene--I believe it is in the pilot--in which Dr. Banner tells McGee, "Mr. McGee, please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." Because, as you know, when Dr. Banner becomes angry, he turns into The Incredible Hulk.

And finally, remember those little dragons I posted a while back? I stopped posting them because I figured you'd all be bored by them, but this type is really pretty. I just had to show you. This one's name is Marion.

Adopt one today!

If you're interested, you can click on him and it will take you to a page where you can see all my dragons. Some of you might find their names to be a bit familiar. ;)

I'm off to bed now. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Robin said...

AWESOME!!!!!