Saturday, December 13, 2008

Skies, Shawls, Socks, and Scarves

but no mojo.

Blogging mojo, that is. That is still wandering off somewhere.

With no football to watch, I've been bored and restless all day. I even tried cleaning house. I didn't get very far, but hey, I did try! I wanted to go up the road towards Memphis and go shopping, but with no money, that wouldn't be such a good idea. So I stayed home and knit. I finished this charity scarf:

The pattern is one I adapted from an old Coats and Clark leaflet. It didn't have a name--just scarf and hat set. I obviously didn't do the hat. The yarn is one I got in a swap with another Raveler. It didn't have a label, but I know it is acrylic. I'm pretty sure it is Red Heart in the Painted Desert colorway.

Speaking of Ravelry swaps, I managed to unload almost all of this yarn:

The recipient didn't want the orange or white yarns, but all the rest of it got packed up and sent out yesterday. That really cleared out my stash, and since I don't knit that much with worsted weight, I doubt I'll miss it.

Now that I've said that, here is a project in worsted that I finished yesterday morning:

This is Red Heart classic and the color is Tropic Fruit. The pattern is Simple Yet Effective Shawl, by Cosmicpluto.

Then, having decided to finish up some WIPs instead of casting on something new, I did a couple more pattern repeats of Branching Out #2.

And I finally cast on the second of my Fallen Leaves socks:


The yarn is Panda Cotton in Chocolate Almonds colorway. I'm not loving this yarn. It is very ropy and untwists as I knit it. That makes it very splitty and difficult to knit with. It's also rather coarse. I sure hope it softens up when I wash it.

Lastly, I leave you with today's Saturday Sky.


Though you can't tell from the picture, the sky was overcast and gray. I don't think the temperature got out of the 40s. It made for good knitting weather.

.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I tried cleaning yesterday too...didn't get to far! Nice projects!