Saturday, December 06, 2008

No Post Yesterday

I didn't post yesterday. I didn't do much of anything yesterday except alternate between laying in the bed and hanging over the toilet. This was no ordinary virus either, because I didn't ever feel nauseated. I think I may have had my first experience with food poisoning.

Whatever it was, my body reacted so violently to it, that not only could I not keep anything down, I couldn't even get anything down. Not even water. I'd try to sip some water and it would get about halfway down my throat and come right back up.

Finally, about 10:00 last night, I threw up some brown stuff, and it was over. I could feel my body stop fighting this, whatever it was. I went back to bed and was actually able to go to sleep.

About 1:00 AM, I woke up and went and got some water. I took a sip. It went down. I took a swallow. It stayed down. I drank about half the glass. Not too much, I told myself. I don't want to start this over again.

An hour later, since I'd kept the water down, I got up and got some applesauce. It stayed down as well. I woke up this morning feeling much better.

Still a bit sore and shaky, but much better than yesterday.

Kitty was glad mommy was sick. She got to sleep on the bed with me.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hope your feeling better soon!

Bag Blog said...

Wow, that sounds really bad. I am glad you are doing better now.

StephieKnits said...

Sorry to hear you were ill. Not fun! I am glad to hear that you are on the road to wellness!

Becky G said...

Thank you all. I feel much better, and have been able to eat and drink pretty normally today.