Saturday, December 27, 2008

Road Trip

A short one at least. The money I'd gotten for Christmas was burning a hole in my pocket, so I had to go spend it before it got away. Or before Cody ended up getting it for lunch money like he did my birthday money. So off to Southaven we go. First stop, Hank Of Yarn.

I only bought two skeins of sock yarn, Cherry Tree Hill Supersocke:

This one is Cherry Blossom.

This one is Cabin Fever. This one had a bit of a mishap. They'd asked me if I wanted them to wind the yarn for me, and I said, "Please" thinking that they had a swift and it would be much easier for them to wind it instead of me dealing with a tangled mess at home. Well, when the lady finished winding this one, instead of lifting it off from the bottom of the cake, she kind of lifted it by the sides. This resulted in a bit of yarn barf coming out of the middle. Instead of rewinding it for me, she just shoved the barf back up inside the cake of yarn. When I rewound it after I got home, the center of the ball came out on one big glob, so I had to deal with a tangled mess anyway. Nevertheless, we persevered and all is well now.

I also went by the pet store and got Scarlett a new tank.

She is way overdue for one. This week's project will be 1) figuring out where to put the thing as it won't fit where her old one is, and 2) getting it set up and her into it.

In knitting news, I've been working on my Trekking is for Necking scarf.

Once I finally figured out the pattern, I liked it so much I wound my other skein of Trekking and started another.


The funny thing is, I only had one set of these particular size of needles (US3), so I'm using the same needles for both scarves. I'll work mostly on the blue one until it is the same length as the orange one, then I'll do them both together. They'll probably end up being next year's Christmas gifts.

I completely forgot it was Saturday, but I've about decided to stop doing Saturday Sky anyway. It's been 3 years, and it's gotten a little old. I'll try to think of something new and fresh to post in its place.

5 comments:

Opal said...

she just stuffed in back in the cake? how rude!

Bag Blog said...

"Yarn barf" is a new one, but very appropriate.

Becky G said...

Opal, I was a bit incredulous myself. I think next time, I'll just wind the stuff myself.

Lou, I guess it is pretty new, but you're right. It fits.

Carol said...

I'm sorry you're giving up the Saturday sky that's how I found you! But you're right it's hard to keep them fresh and interesting!

Becky G said...

I have to agree with you there Carol. I did find you and Sus through Saturday Sky, and I'll always be grateful to the ring for that. Maybe I'll keep doing it, then.