Friday, December 19, 2008

And So It Begins

the annual holiday baking, that is. It all started with a trip to the store to stock up on staples and other supplies I would need.

First, I made a batch of chocolate fudge, which still needs to be cut up.

Lemon Turkish Delight, which also needs to be cut up and sugared.

Cream Cheese mints

And my specialty, chocolate chip cookies.

Still on the list:

Peanut Butter Fudge
Butter Cookies
Snickerdoodles
Sandies
Scotch Cookies

It's gonna be a busy day tomorrow, too.

In the midst of all this cooking, I managed to finish the socks from ****.


This pattern was totally not right for this yarn. It just wasn't stretchy enough. I've got two more 50g balls of Panda Cotton, and I think I'm just going to do a plain 2 x 2 rib. Maybe two at once, toe up, so that I can use it all up. I didn't have much left after finishing these two socks. I don't know if it was the pattern or what.

I'd better head for bed now. I've got a lot of work to get done tomorrow before the ball game. That would be the Cowboys and the Ravens in the last football game at Texas Stadium. I don't have NFL network, but they are going to show it on NFL.com. Since my computer isn't in the kitchen, I've got to have all my baking finished before the game starts.

I would so totally love it if DeMarcus Ware gets his sack record tomorrow.

Totally.

.

.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Yummy!!!

Sus said...

Oooh! Christmas at your house must be *delicious*!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, I recognize the Walmart brand labels on your ingredients! I love that store too. Nothing better than hot homemade chocolate chip cookies IMHO...nom-nom-nom.

Becky G said...

Patti, chocolate chip cookies are my favorite, too!