Sunday, June 01, 2008

Red Letter Day

Today is a red letter day in the FineMartailFiber house hold. Betcha can't guess what it was. Come on, guess! No, it's not my birthday, nor Cody's neither. It isn't an anniversary, either. I haven't finished a major knitting project, or even a minor one for that matter. I didn't get my stimulus check, nor is it Tax Freedom Day. Have you guessed yet? Give up? Ok, I'll tell you.

Today, June 1, 2008, I finally ate the last piece of Christmas candy!

Hey, that's pretty important! Now I can begin trying to lose my Holiday Weight!

*Sheesh* I'm going to go knit now.

5 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Yeah, I never would have guessed that. Christmas candy barely makes it into the new year around here.

Opal said...

Wow! That candy sure lasted a long time! So did you have a lot of it or did you just manage to ration it out?

Buck said...

Christmas candy? You mean that hard, green, red, and white stuff (about the size of a large grape) that's about as popular as fruitcake, but not quite?

Or is it something else (hopefully)?

(insert big ol' grin here!)

Becky G said...

Amy, Cody gets bored with candy pretty quickly, and if it's not chocolate, I don't care for it that much either. The chocolate was gone long ago.

Opal, no, I didn't have a lot. It's just...well, see above.

Buck, nope, that wasn't it. I can't stand that stuff! It was peppermint sticks. I just don't like hard candy that much. I do like fruitcake, though. The home made kind, not storebought.

Buck said...

I do like fruitcake, though. The home made kind, not storebought.

I'm with you on that. My great-grandmother made her fruitcakes in the early Fall before Christmas, wrapped them in muslin soaked liberally in whiskey, and let 'em age. My family received two or three every year while she was alive, no matter where we happened to be (e.g., France, Turkey, etc.). The best fruitcakes I ever tasted. Period.