Saturday, June 14, 2008

Stormy Saturday

I was able to get this picture just after the storms moved off, which happily coincided with the exact hour I got off of work. How much better does it get?

I finally managed to finish the Baudelaires. It is surprisingly difficult to take good pictures of your own feet. Here are some of my better attempts:




It is a wonderful feeling to wake up in the middle of the night, glance at the clock and see that it is 3:30 AM, then roll over and snuggle back down under the covers, knowing you don't have to get up for another 4 hours.

On the other hand, it is the worst feeling to wake up in the middle of the night, glance at the clock and see that it is 3:30 AM, and fall back groaning because you know that you have to get up in 15 minutes.

I've fallen into the second category far too much here lately.

That's probably why all my pictures are sideways.

Heh.

..

8 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I love your socks! I am very impressed with your knitting abilities - makes me want to learn!

Carol said...

your Baudelaires are BEAUTIFUL!!!and the photos are great!

Perpetual Beginner said...

Nice! They seem to fit you very well, and the pattern is beautiful.

I'm giving my first stab at beaded knitting. We'll see how it goes.

Opal said...

Ye gads! 3:30am? That's insane! You have my utmost sympathies.

Love the socks. Again. you have my sympathies. This time over taking pictures of your own feet. I'm just not that flexible anymore.

Becky G said...

Lou, thank you. If you really want to learn, I encourage you to do so. If there isn't a yarn shop in your area, there are several sites online that offer instructional videos. Knitting-help.com is a good one to start with.

Carol, thank you!

Cindy, ooo, beaded knitting. I've got to try it one day.

Opal, thank you for the sympathy. Yes it hurts getting up that early. I'd wanted to go out into the yard and lay on my back and hold my feet up to take the pictures, but it was just too muddy.

Knit and fall back in it said...

It's not easy to take pictures of your own feet, that's for sure. I love your vew red socks, very pretty.

Inquiries said...

Beautiful socks! Nice feet too!

Becky G said...

Amy and Ashley, thanks.