Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Has Begun

Summer has begun, and so has Summer Of Socks. I cast on my Nutkin and finished one pattern repeat. So far, everything I've heard about this pattern has been found to be true. The cast on is very fiddly, but looks nice once it's done. The pattern is really easy to memorize. In fact, after the first few rows, I no longer even needed to look at the chart.

The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Sugar Maple colorway.

The Rona shawl is coming along, though slowly.
It'll be hard to take good pictures of it until it's done, because it'll be bunched up on the needles.

I've also gotten a bit of work done on the latest scarf. I like the way the yarn is striping.

I'll be sending this one off to Scarves From The Heart when it is done.

A funny thing happened when I got home from work. As soon as I got into the house, the bottom dropped out and it poured rain.

But only for about 10 minutes. Then the clouds broke up and my Saturday Sky looked much more cheerful.

So I got out and took a picture of a day lily.


This picture was harder to get than I though it would be. Reason being--I am short, and these lilies are tall. Most of them were taller than I am. I did find this one squatty one. Now that the sun is down, the flower is dead, but it is immortalized forever in film--or .jpg as the case may be.

These last three pictures will also be posted on the Summer Photo Project blog.

5 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

That Cherry Tree Hill looks beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished socks, look like an interesting pattern. I do love the way the colors worked out on that scarf, looka like you worked very hard to make it happen.

Unknown said...

I like how that scarf is striping too! That's pretty neat! Love the photo of the day lily. I love orange day and tiger lilies. I keep meaning to plant some on the side of my house, as we need some flowers to perk up the place big time.

Opal said...

I still have 2 pairs of socks to finish before I can join in on the fun that is SoS. *eep* In the meanwhile, I will vicariously live through friends like you.

I love the color you're knitting the Rona in! I want to knit that shawl, but I'm so used to charts. The written directions intimidate me.

Inquiries said...

Ohh I love the colors of the socks. Very colorful!

Becky G said...

Amy thank you. I did work really hard getting that scarf to stripe just that way. Yeah, I wish! Total fluke, but we won't tell anyone.

Dani, thanks.

Opal, have you checked with the Knitpicks Lovers group on Ravelry? Seems that I read a while back that someone had charted that pattern.

Ashley, thank you.