Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Sky

Purdy, innit?

Today was an absolutely lazy day. I didn't do anything but knit. Ok, and I did 4 loads of laundry, but other than that...

The Rona shawl is creeping along slowly. I'm on round 40--out of 153 rounds total. I knit a repeat on the second Baudelaire, and a few rows on my current charity scarf. That's about it.

I finished listening to Anne of Green Gables on my walkman. I hadn't read that book in quite some time, and I'd forgotten how good it is. I actually went back to the website and downloaded a second version. This version had a single reader for the entire book, whereas the first version had had multiple readers. Along about chapter 19, I ran into a reader I'll call Space Cadet. I just couldn't stand listening to her any more! She was not a professional by any means, but was trying to do voices anyway. She'd made Marilla sound like Flo from the old TV show Alice, Mrs Linde sounded like the Wicked Witch of the West, and Anne herself sounded all breathy and moony. As if that weren't bad enough, rest of the time she was reading, she sounded like she was spaced out on some bad weed or something. It was bad. I just couldn't take it any more! So I downloaded the second version. That reader has a rather harsh voice, but she was way better than a stoned space cadet!

Once I'd finished AOGG, I went back to Librivox and downloaded Pride and Prejudice. I haven't started it yet, but I will.

About our summer project, there are no official sign ups. You can post a picture if you want to, or not if you don't. It isn't a commitment, either. I want this to be laid back and fun for everyone. There is only one rule: pictures must be taken between June 20 and September 22. Everything else is open to your interpretation. If you want to suggest items to add to the list, you can either e-mail them to me at isshinryubearmom@yahoo.com, or leave them in a comment on any post between now and June 19th. I'll have the list up on the 20th.

6 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

You crack me up...bad weed...I hate it when that happens. :)

Inquiries said...

That made me laugh.

Hey I am confused. Will you post the list of what we are supposed to take pictures of?

Opal said...

Oh that reader sounds more like comic relief then anything else. It's too bad she spoiled your reading fun!

Junk Diva said...

I am ready to play.

Becky G said...

Amy, you should have heard her!

Ashley, yes, I will be posting the list we are using on the Ravelry forum. It is a participant derived list, so I'm opening it up for my readers who want to participate to suggest things to add to the list.

Opal, it was pretty weird.

JD, soon!

Bag Blog said...

This sounds like a good summer project.