Friday, June 20, 2008

Of Moths And MeMes

I'll just let you wonder how I took this picture.

I first saw this meme over at Buck's place. It has since made the rounds, and I am, as usual, a day late and a dollar short. Here it is, my blogging space. You can see my chair is old. It was old when it was given to me, and has since gotten older still. I swiped the throw pillows from the love seat because all the padding in the seat is basically gone.

On top of the desk, from left to right: Polar bear bought at the Memphis Zoo, and a carved lava bear bought on Mt. Vesuvius. My Dallas Cowboys Nerf football, with my DeMarcus Ware action figure (laying down) in front of it. A small ceramic bowl that Cody made me for Mother's Day and behind it is my Dallas Cowboys sideline cap--still with the slips of names from my last contest in it. We also have an empty diet vanilla coke can, a 365 Knitting Stitches A Year perpetual calendar, a picture of Cody when he was in first grade little league baseball, my wireless modem and my second place karate trophy.

I won't even get into the piles of paper on the bottom part of the desk. I will say, though, that until I took this picture, I didn't notice I had two cans of the keyboard duster stuff. On the far right, you can see my spindolyn with some of my fuzzy lettuce roving mostly spun up. I really need to finish that. I'm finding that my spindolyn is not as fast or as enjoyable as using a regular drop spindle. Maybe I just don't have the knack, but it doesn't spin as long as a drop spindle does.

Does anyone know what tomorrow is? Yep, the first day of Summer! And with that comes the first day of Summer of Socks '08! Woo Hoo! I have my yarn wound, my needles found and my pattern printed out. But I'm not staying up until midnight to cast on like some folks are. I'll have to cast on when I get home from work.

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! I'm going to bed now, so tomorrow will get here faster!

4 comments:

Inquiries said...

My works space it is a total mess! I have been going through a tub of pictures.

Buck said...

Thanks for playing along, Becky. And the link, too!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I might know how you took the moth picture, I took a similar one recently. It's on my blog today.

Becky G said...

Ashley, my desk pretty much stays a mess, too.

Buck, you're welcome.

Amy, I went to your blog. Nice picture. Too bad no one added insects to our summer photo project list!