Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

to Buck, my only reader who actually happens to be a father.

Secondly, if you haven't visited our Summer Photo Project blog, do go. Carol has posted quite a few pictures, and they are very beautiful! She has the most adorable grandbaby, too!

Well, Cody is off to his grandma's for a few weeks, and the first thing I did was totally clean his bathroom. Ewwww! It definitely needed it, though. Next up is his bedroom. I started by washing his sheets and comforter. While they were in the laundry, I took his mattress off the bed and scraped all the gunk up from underneath it. Ick. I also took out the empty drink cans and dirty dishes. Well, it's a start!

I've spent the rest of the day knitting and listening to podcasts. I worked a few rounds on my Rona Lace shawl, and cast on a new scarf. Shelly has made an appeal for more manly scarves, so I started another One Row scarf, in some variegated yarn that is gray, red, and gold. I'm hoping it'll be manly enough.


I watched golf today. It wasn't an entire game, just highlights. My kind of golf show. I'm not normally into watching golf. While I'm sure it's a fun game to play, it's not that exciting to watch. But a show just featuring the highlights I can deal with. Plus, I watched it for who was playing. And who won...

Who was it? Need you even ask?

7 comments:

Inquiries said...

You watched golf on TV?! Oh how boring. Glad you liked it though!

Buck said...

But, but... the Open ain't over yet! Or so I'm told. I'm with Ash... there may be more boring things to watch on teevee, but not many.

Thanks for the shout-out!

Becky G said...

Ahem, I wasn't watching it for the game, folks!

Bag Blog said...

While we were out eating on Sat. night, the restaurant had a TV (classy place)going with the Open. It is difficult not to watch when there is a TV right above your head. I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down on the golf game.

Becky G said...

Lou, I hope you enjoyed the golf. I turned the TV off after Tony got through playing.

Opal said...

I missed seeing him play golf! *thwap to the forehead*

Becky G said...

Opal, I don't know much about golf, but I know when someone has a nice swing. He has a nice swing. And he smoked the competition. He scored 84, and the next highest score (or lowest as the case may be) was 98.