Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Strange Dream, Take---uh-- Whatever

I was at a wedding shower, or reception or something and there was a pink cake there. I thought, "Oooh, that cake looks good," and promptly took a bite. As soon as the cake was in my mouth, I though, "Dang! Why did I do that? That cake is sure to have eggs in it!" For those of you new to my blog, I am allergic to eggs.

So I was walking around with this bit of cake in my mouth trying to get alone somewhere so I could discreetly spit it out. At the same time, I was trying to lick all of the icing off, without swallowing any of the cake.

I finally got over into a corner and was about to spit the cake into my napkin, when up walks the bride! I woke up about then, but I don't remember if I was able to spit out the cake.

And I wonder why I always wake up so tired!

5 comments:

Inquiries said...

That was funny!

I have dreams that I am speaking fluent Spanish and I can translate what I am saying and what the other person is saying. Those leave me tired!

Knit and fall back in it said...

The cake, containing eggs, represents a deep-rooted fear of chickens. Was your mother ever scared by a chicken when she was pregnant with you? :)

I hate it when I have dreams like that, I wish I could figure out what they mean...if anything.

Buck said...

I'm blessed in that I hardly ever remember my dreams. Unless they wake me up, which happens about once a year. Or less.

Becky G said...

Ashley, most of my dreams leave me tired. I've never been able to speak a foreign language in any of them, though.

Amy, you crack me up! I think the meaning is much simpler: I miss the things I used to be able to eat before my allergy was diagnosed.

Buck, I'm not sure if I envy you that one or not. I have strange, and sometimes frightening dreams, but they are always interesting. Much more so than my real life!

Bag Blog said...

I dreamed that I was suppose to be in a wedding at 3PM, but I could not find my shoes. I found some others, but I lost them before I could get them on my feet - anxiety dreams just drain me. I forced myself to wake up and now I have a headache.

So I never made it to the wedding. It was probably a good thing. I hear they were serving pink cake.