Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Don't Know

Ok, so I'm not sure what happened. I did write a post yesterday. I thought it odd that I didn't get a single comment on it, until I checked my blog. The post wasn't there. I thought I published it, but I must have closed the window instead. Hmmm. I blame it on getting up at 3:45.

It wasn't very long. Not much more than a place holder, so you didn't miss much.

I had a Duh! moment over the weekend. Back when I'd first gotten my Walkman, I'd downloaded Pride and Prejudice from Librivox.com. I'd clicked the link to download the entire book in a zip file, which was cool. Anyway, I was listening to it one evening when I realized several parts had been left out. I wondered if it was an abridged version, but it wasn't. Then I got to checking and realized that several chapters had not downloaded. I was a bit irritated at that, and at having to download them all one by one.

After doing all that, I decided to go back to chapter one and start over, only I never had. I'd been too busy listening to knitting podcasts. Well, Sunday afternoon, I was copying music from my CDs to put onto my walkman when I found the Brilliance Audio version of--yes--Pride and Prejudice that I'd paid some $40 something for at the book store. Months ago. And I'd never listened to it. Duh! Onto the walkman it went, well disc 1 at least. I haven't gotten the others on there yet.

That's the most exciting thing that has happened to me in weeks. Man, do I need to get a life!

5 comments:

Inquiries said...

I like P&P

Course of Perfection said...

Jane Austen is a favorite of mine. And here's to duh moments!

Anonymous said...

Ha, Becky, you Social Leper you! (me too)

Actually, I think blogging counts as being very social and very anti-Leprous, yes?

Buck said...

I don't even bother to count my Duh! moments any longer. The older ya get, the more ya have. I think.

My worst one of late was going out on a photo safari the second day with the new camera and wondering why my camera wouldn't work. It took me all of about four minutes to realize I'd left the memory card in the computer. Ruined my whole day, that did...

Becky G said...

Ashley, me too! It's the only Jane Austen novel I've managed to read all the way through. I just don't seem to have time to read any more, which is why I like audio books so much. I can listen to them while I am doing other stuff.

COP, mine too! Like I said, I haven't read all of them, but I've seen movie versions of all but Northanger Abbey. It's on my Netflix Queue.

Patch, that's why y'all voted me president of Sigma Lambda! Couldn't any of you out-leper me!

No, blogging is very anti social! You get to hide behind the computer and don't actually have to talk to people. I think that's why I took to it so readily!

Buck, I'm going to laugh, but only because I did the exact same thing when I was taking the blueberry pictures last week! Fortunately, I was only in the back yard, and was able to retrieve the card in short order. It was still embarrassing, though!