Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday Sky


We had quite a beautiful sky for part of the day. The rest of the day it rained. It started raining between 11:00 and 11:30 PM last night, and rained all night. It was still raining when I went to work this morning. Cody said it rained a bit throughout the day. We sure needed it.

Since it was raining, I finished this scarf. Well, mostly finished, since it isn't blocked yet. Next I'm going to go back and finish the other scarf I started. I don't know what's after that. But as soon as I know, you'll know.

Today was snake feeding day. Six of my seven snakes were scheduled to be fed, and 5 of them ate. Onyx, oddly enough, is off his feed. I don't know why. He almost acts like it is mating season again. Maybe they have two mating seasons in California.

I've also been busy getting things ready for my P & Z meeting Tuesday night. Mr. DeShazier called me Friday morning, but since I always forget to check my answering machine, I didn't get the message until today. All he left was his name and a phone number, and now I'm going to stew with curiosity until Monday when I can call him back.

I suppose I ought to do another drawing as well. It's been so long since I've posted any sketches that Carole thinks I must have gotten a new hobby. And I've got two books I need to finish, so I think I'll go get in the bed and read a bit.

I made Johnny Lindley mad this morning at work. We are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while at work. Our PPE consists of gloves, arm guards, earplugs, and safety glasses. I swear, it's like pulling teeth to get new PPE from Johnny Lindley. Every time I ask for some, he always says to go start working and he'll bring it to me. But then he never does. It usually takes about a week of continuously asking before he'll finally bring me some. So today, I asked him for some gloves and arm guards, and as usual, he said he'd bring me some. After he'd walked by the PPE cabinet twice without making any effort to open it, I spotted Calvin, our department supervisor. I asked him what it takes to get some clean gloves and arm guards around here. A few minutes later, here comes Johnny Lindley with my PPE. He said, "You didn't have to go crying to Calvin about it. I would have brought you some." Maybe so, but I wanted it today, not two weeks from now. When those gloves get all oily and nasty, I don't want to put them back on my hands. I think Patricia said it best when she said, "That's like putting your dirty underwear back on."

No comments: